For the purposes of this and related documents, unless the context otherwise requires,
- “Act” means the Information Technology Act, 2000 (21 of 2000), as amended, enacted, repealed from time to time;
- “Customer” mean such natural persons who provide sensitive personal data or information to LOCALS DISTRICT through the <a href=”http://localsdistrict.com”>website</a>.
- “Cyber incidents” means any real or suspected adverse event in relation to cyber security that violates an explicitly or implicitly applicable security policy resulting in unauthorized access, denial of service or disruption, unauthorized use of a computer resource for processing or storage of information or changes to data, information without authorization
- “Data” means a representation of information, knowledge, facts, concepts or instructions which are being prepared or have been prepared in a formalized manner, and is intended to be processed, is being processed or has been processed in a computer system or computer network, and may be in any form (including computer printouts magnetic or optical storage media, punched cards, punched tapes) or stored internally in the memory of the computer.
- “Information” means Personal Information and/or Sensitive Information and shall include data, message , text, images, sound, voice, codes, computer programmes, software and data bases or micro film or computer generated micro fiche.
- “Intermediary” with respect to any particular electronic records, means any person who on behalf of another person receives, stores or transmits that record or provides any service with respect to that record and includes telecom service providers, network service providers, internet service providers, web hosting service providers, search engines, online payment sites, online-auction sites, online market places and cyber cafes;
- “Personal Information” means any information that relates to a Customer, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with a Body Corporate, is capable of identifying such person;
Consent for Collection of Information under Rule 5 of IT Rules:
The Customer gives its consent under Rule 5 of the Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011:
- LOCALS DISRTICT collects certain Personal Information of the Customer, which may enable LOCALS DISRTICT to either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with LOCALS DISTRICT, is capable of identifying such Customer.
Without limitation the following information collected by LOCALS DISTRCIT in relation to its Services can be categorized as Personal Information:
- i) Customer Data or Information submitted by the Customer through forms, while availing the Services;
- ii) Information recorded and collected though web server logs;
- iii) Information collected through cookies or third party cookies;
- The collection of the Personal Information and the Sensitive Information by LOCALS DISTRICT is considered necessary for providing the Services to the Customer;
- The collection of Information is subject to a condition that LOCALS DISTRICT shall not retain the Information for longer than is required for the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used or is otherwise required under any other law for the time being in force;
- LOCALS DISTRICT or any person on its behalf shall permit the Customers, as and when requested by them, to review the information they had provided and ensure that any Personal Information or Sensitive Information found to be inaccurate or deficient shall be corrected or amended as feasible: provided that LOCALS DISTRICT shall not be responsible for the authenticity of the Personal Information or Sensitive Information supplied by the Customer to LOCLS DISTRCIT or any other person acting on behalf of LOCALS DISTRICT;
Consent for disclosure of Information under Rule 6 of IT Rules:
The Customer agrees to the following disclosures under Rule 6 of the IT Rules:
- The Information collected by LOCALS DISTRICT including Personal Information or Sensitive Information may be disclosed to any person, if such disclosure is required for a lawful purpose connected with a function or activity or Services of LOCALS DISTRICT or any person on its behalf.
- The Information may be disclosed where the disclosure is necessary for compliance of a legal obligation.
- The information shall be shared, without obtaining prior consent from provider of information or the Customer, with Government agencies mandated under the law to obtain information including sensitive personal data or information for the purpose of verification of identity, or for prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution, and punishment of offences.
- LOCALS DISTRICT or any person on its behalf shall endeavor not to make public the Sensitive Information.
- LOCALS DISTRICT shall endeavor to ensure that that the third party receiving the Sensitive Information from LOCALS DISTRICT or any person on its behalf shall not disclose it further. However, the conduct of the third parties may not be directly under the control of LOCALS DISTRICT.
- The Information shall be disclosed to any third party by an order under the law for the time being in force.
Consent for transfer of Information under Rule 6 of IT Rules:
Under Rule 7 of the IT Rules, the Customer consents that LOCALS DISTRICT or any person on its behalf may transfer sensitive personal data or information including any information, to any other body corporate or a person in India, or located in any other country.
Electronic Consent of the Customer:
The Customer understands acknowledges that:
- Sensitive Information (if any) and Personal Information is being collected by LOCALS DISTRICT;
- They have the knowledge of the purpose for which Information is being collected;
- They have the knowledge of the intended recipients of the information;
- They understand that I have the option not to provide the data or information sought to be collected by LOCALS DISTRICT.
The Customer permits LOCALS DISTRICT or any person on its behalf to transfer Sensitive Information (if any) or the Personal Information to any other body corporate or a person in India, or located in any other country.
The Customer understands that they also have an option to withdraw the consent by giving a written intimation to LOCALS DISTRICT. Customer understand and accept that such withdrawal of the consent shall be sent in writing to email@example.com and in such case ABC shall have the option not to provide goods or Services for which the said Information was collected or sought.